BRENTLEY A. BUCHELE, M.D., M.B.A.
Buchele Plastic Surgery, PC
40 Four Mile Drive; Suite 5
Kalispell MT 59901
Breckingridge County High School
Harned, Kentucky, 1973
University of Kentucky
Lexington, Kentucky 1973-1976
B.S., Zoology 1979
University of Kentucky
Lexington, Kentucky 1976-1980
Auburn, Alabama 2003-2005
General Surgery, University of Iowa, 1980-1985
Iowa City, Iowa
Plastic Surgery, The Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, 1985-1987
Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners, March 1981
Diplomate, American Board of Surgery, April 1986 - expired 1996
American Board of Plastic Surgery, November 1989
Ohio, 1987, #55825 expired
Montana, 2006, #11056
Awards and Honors
B.S. with High Distinction
M.D. with Distinction
University of Kentucky Honors Program, President’s Award
Phi Eta Sigma, Freshman Honorary, University of Kentucky
Phi Beta Kappa, Univesity of Kentucky
Alpha Omega Alpha, University of Kentucky
Sandoz Pathophysiology Award, Pathology Departmental Award
Louis P. McHenry Award, Senior Ob-Gyn Departmental Award
Surgical Resident Outstanding Teacher Award, Southern Illinois University, 1986, 1987
Surgical Student Outstanding Teacher Award, The Ohio State University, 1992
Excellence in Patient Health Education Interdisciplinary Team Award 2001
Assistant Professor, Surgery, College of Medicine, 1987-90
Assistant Professor, Clinical Surgery, Surgery, College of Medicine, 1990-99
Associate Professor, Clinical Surgery, Surgery, Collegeof Medicine, 1999- 2006
Admissions Committee, College of Medicine, 1989-93
Med III-IV Committee, College of Medicine, 1990-2006
Undergraduate Education Committee, Surgery, 1987-98
Third Year Clerkship Director, Surgery, 1990-98
Computer Committee, Surgery, 1989-95
Med I Medical Humanities/Behavioral Sciences Committee, 1988-92
Task Force on Ambulatory Care, 1990
Task Force on Curriculum, 1991-92
Dean’s HIV Policy Committee, 1993
College of Medicine, Clinical Academic Standing Committee, 1994-2006
Ethics in Curriculum Task Force, 1995
2006 Curriculum Reform Transition Committee, 1997
2006 Curriculum Ob-Gyn/Surgery Committee, 1997
Department of Surgery Faculty Advisory Committee, 1998
College of Medicine and Public Health Faculty Council, 1998-2000
Alternate, College of Medicine and Public Health Faculty Council, 2000-2002
Department of Surgery, Graduate Medical Education Committee, 2000
Department of Surgery, Core Residency Education Committee, 2000
Program Director, OSU Plastic Surgery Residency, 2000 – Oct 2005
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery, March 2004- Oct 2005
Attending Staff, Kalispell Regional Medical Center, 2006-present
Vice Chair of Surgery 2008
Chaiman of Surgery 2009
Medical Executive committee 2008-09
Medical Director Hyperbarioc Medicine 2009-present
Attending Staff, Healthcenter Northwest, 2006-present
Medical Director for Surgical Services 2008-present
Attending Staff, The Ohio State University Hospitals, 1987-2006
Attending Staff, Children’s Hospital, 1987-2006
Attending Staff, Doctors Hospital, 1997-2006
Courtesy Staff, Park Medical Center, 1987-99
Riverside Methodist Hospital, 2002-2006
Grant Medical Center, 2002-2006
Consulting Staff, Intensiva Hospital of Columbus, 1997-2006
Quality Assurance Subcommittee, The Ohio State University Department of Surgery, 1987-91
Ambulatory Surgery Committee, The Ohio State University Hospitals, 1988-90
Credentials Committee, The Ohio State University Hospitals, 1993-2005
Vice Chairman, 1996-99
Chairman, 2000 - 2004
Laser and Microsurgery Advisory Committee, The Ohio State University Hospitals, 1987-88
SKYMED Medical Advisory Committee, The Ohio State University Hospitals, 1988-94
Pharmacy and Formulary Subcommittee, The Ohio State University Hospitals, 1992-96
Burn Intensive Care Quality Assurance Committee, The Ohio State University Hospitals, 1989-98
OR Product Evaluation and Standardization Committee, Children’s Hospital, 1995-97
Trauma Quality Assurance Committee, 1999-2006
Medical Staff Administrative Committee, 1999–2005
OSU Hospital Board Strategic Planning SubCommittee, 1999-2005
Ohio State University Medical Center, Graduate Medical Education Committee, 2001–2005
American College of Surgeons, Candidate Group
American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
American Medical Association
Student, 1976; Resident, 1980; Member, 1987
Illinois State Medical Association, 1985-87
Sangamon County Medical Association, 1985-87
Ohio Hospital Association
Ohio Burn Team Society
Academy of Medicine of Columbus and Franklin County
Ohio State Medical Association
American Burn Association
Association of Academic Chairmen of Plastic Surgery
American Cleft Palate Association
Association for Academic Surgery
Columbus Surgical Society
Association for Surgical Education
Central Ohio Pediatric Society
Ohio Valley Society for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation
Association of Academic Chairmen of Plastic Surgery,
Requisite Training Committee, 1988-89
American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Exhibits Committee, 1993-1995
American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Regulatory Evaluation Committee, 1996-99
Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation Marketing Committee, 1991-94
Clinical Update Experience Committee, 1993-94
Ad Hoc Committee on Telemedicine, 1996-99
Resident Information Committee, 1996-2001
Chairman, 1999 - 2001
Annals of Plastic Surgery, Editorial Board, 1996-99
American Board of Plastic Surgery
Guest Examiner, 1995, 1996, 1997
Senior Guest Examiner 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001
1. Dayton MT, Buchele BA, Shirazi SS, Hunt LB: Use of an Absorbable Mesh to Repair Contaminated Abdominal-Wall Defects. Arch Surg, Vol. 121, pp. 954-960, 1986.
2. Buchele BA, Zook EG: Altered Spatial Perception Following the Harvest of a Posterior Auricular Skin Graft. Plast Reconstr Surg, 81: 954-55, 1988.
3. Ruberg RL, Ed., Buchele BA: Comprehensive Plastic Surgery Curriculum (Association of Academic Chairmen, 1991).
4. Fleegler EJ and Buchele BA, Benign and Malignant Tumors, In Plastic Surgery: A Core Curriculum, CV Mosby (St. Louis, MO), p. 439, 1994.
5. Filiciano DV, Moore EE and Mattox KL: Trauma, 3rd edition, Book Review, Plast Reconstr Surg, April, p. 1410, 1998.
6. Heistein, JB, Coffey, RA, Buchele BA, Gordillo, GM: Development and Initiation of Comptuer Generated Documentation for Burn Patient Care. Journal of Burn Care & Rehabilitation, Vol. 23, No. 4, 2002.
1. Buchele, BA: Cosmetic Dermatology, Principles & Practice. Annals of Plastic Surgery. 51:332.
1. Management of Respiratory Injuries in the Burn Patient, Respiratory Therapists Meeting, Columbus, Ohio, August 12, 1991.
2. What You Should Know About Plastic Surgery, Women’s Health Seminar, Columbus, Ohio, September 17, 1991.
3. The Burn Personality, Ohio Burn Team Society, Columbus, Ohio, October 29, 1991.
4. Responses of Medical Schools and Residency Programs to Changes in the Licensure Process, Generalists in Medical Education, Washington, D.C., November 10, 1991.
5. Reconstructive Options in Head and Neck Surgery, Center of Science and Industry, Columbus, Ohio, January 5, 1992.
6. Reconstructive Surgery - Everybody’s Talking, Radio Show WCVO-FM, Columbus, Ohio, March 3, 1992.
7. Periorbital Reconstruction, Facial Reconstruction Surgery, Columbus, Ohio, June 4, 1992.
8. Electrical Burns, Ohio Linemans Association, Morrow County, 1990, 1991, 1992.
9. Management of Respiratory Injuries in Burn Patient, Ohio State Respiratory and Therapists, Columbus, Ohio, October 14, 1992.
10. Computers in Hand Surgery. The Ohio Valley Society for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Columbus, Ohio, June 16, 1993.
11. Electrical Burns. Ohio Linemans Association, Morrow County, October 3, 1994.
12. Biomedics. The Ohio State University Medical Center, Open House,
Columbus, Ohio, November 5, 1994.
13. The Choice to Have Surgery. Fitness Forum, Lane Avenue Shopping Center, Columbus, Ohio, April 20, 1995.
14. Biomedics: Summer Skin Care. Hadassah, Columbus, Ohio, May 3, 1995.
15. Church JS and Buchele BA. An Improved Method of Methylmethacrylate Fixation during Cranioplasty. The Ohio Valley Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons Annual Meeting, Cleveland, Ohio, June 2, 1995.
16. Buchele BA. Rapid Identification of Unfair Clinical Grading. Association of Surgical Education, Lexington, KY, April 13-14, 1996.
17. Buchele, B.A., The Ohio State University Medical Center, Health for Life, Consumer Health Classes, Consumer and Corporate Health Education and Wellness, The Aging Face: Surgical vs. Non-Surgical Options, Upper Arlington Public Library, Upper Arlington, OH, May 15, 1997.
18. Buchele BA. Facial Fractures. Emergency Nursing in the 90’s. The Ohio State University Hospitals, Columbus, Ohio, May 16-17, 1996.
19. Buchele BA. Clinical Experiences with Integra. American Burn Association, New York, NY, March 19, 1997.
20. Buchele BA. Integra -- The First Year. National Integra Users Symposium,
Scottsdale, AZ, May 31 - June 1, 1997.
21. Buchele, B.A. The Ohio State University Medical Center, Health for Life, Consumer Health Classes, Consumer and Corporate Health Education and Wellness, Skin Care, Peels & Lasers, Stoneridge, Dublin, OH, July 17, 1997.
22. Buchele, B.A. The Ohio State University Medical Center, Health for Life, Consumer Health Classes, Consumer and Corporate Health Education and Wellness, Body Contouring and Liposuction, Stoneridge, Dublin, OH, July 31, 1997.
23. Buchele BA. The Ohio State University Medical Center, Health for Life, Consumer Health Classes, Consumer and Corporate Health Education and Wellness, Cosmetic Surgery: Is it right for you? Harding Campus, September 4, 1997.
24. Buchele, BA. Annual Meeting of the Ohio Dermatological Association. Common Hand Problems and their Treatment. The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, September 25, 1999.
25. Buchele, BA. Dayton Plastic Surgery Society Meeting. Preserving the Nobility of Plastic Surgery. Dayton, Ohio, April 19, 2005